The holidays are the busiest time of the year for businesses businesses. Not only are you required to ship a large volume of cargo but also compete with other companies. This is why adopting shipping best practices is key. This will make your shipping more efficient and effective, helping your items arrive to your customers on time. The following are some of the most important shipping practices that you can adopt.
- Ship Early: The faster you can communicate with freight forwarders, the better. Shipping companies receive a large volume of orders, so it’s important to give yours plenty of time to arrive at its destination. Door to door service is certainly worth it this time of year, since it reduces connection time and lowers the risk of damaged goods.
- Update Customers: Your customers are less likely to get angry about delayed shipping times when they are kept in the loop. Develop a freight tracking system for your clients, and keep it updated during this busy time of year. Your customers may experience improved peace of mind when they know where their cargo is.
- Handle Problems Quickly: Air and ocean logistics can be tricky, so be sure to handle problems as soon as they arise. This shows exemplary customer service. Consider offering free shipping or a small gift in exchange for any inconvenience.
- Keep Analytics: This holiday season can help you learn for the next one. Keep careful track of your shipping analytics and point out where you can improve. This will help your business grow and perform even better customer service.
- Plan Shipping Deals: As you work with freight forwarders and door to door transport companies, plan out various deals to offer customers throughout the holiday season. This will keep your services updated and relevant, motivating customers to continue ordering with you.
Shipping during the holiday season can feel hectic, but with the right techniques, you can stay ahead of the frantic rush. By staying organized, addressing errors, and learning from your mistakes, you can keep your shipping practices as efficient as possible during the holiday months — and all year around. This could provide a boost to your company reputation.