7 Simple Solutions To Green-Up Your Shipping Strategies
When you’re trying to be a more eco-friendly company, your mind might be on reducing paper waste and improving your organization’s energy efficiency. But packages can produce a lot of pollution around the globe.
The good news is that there are many different ways you can make your packaging more eco-friendly. In fact, here are seven simple ways you can make your packaging more eco-friendly while still shipping in your budget.
- Outsource a green shipper. One of the best ways you can ship your packages in a more eco-friendly way is to invest in an eco-friendly courier. Not only do you not have to worry about assembling green packaging yourself, but using door to door services for cargo shipping is eco-friendly itself because it reduces shipping time.
- Be eco-friendly with your filling material. Styrofoam can be hazardous to the environment. Not only does it generate a lot of waste, but it’s petroleum-based and isn’t sustainable. Instead of using styrofoam and other fuel-based fillers, opt for fibrous blocking materials or biodegradable fillers.
- Use recycled materials. Consider using packaging boxes that are from sustainably managed forests. You can actually check for this by looking for a certification from the Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC). Cradle to Cradle, or C2C, certified boxes are also eco-friendly.
- Invest in renewable energy sources. Even the most eco-friendly of shippers will leave an environmental footprint. To offset that footprint, consider investing in renewable energy sources.
- Use eco-friendly transportation. Your eco-friendly packaging needs to reach its destination somehow. Use eco-friendly transportation such as air cargo shipping to help reduce your carbon footprint. Air cargo shipping is shorter than truck shipping and releases fewer air pollutants.
- Schedule a pickup. When you put two cars on the road, you increase the amount of air pollution. But when only one car is on the road, you reduce the amount of air pollution. Since delivery trucks are already on the road making their rounds, consider scheduling a pickup rather than going to the delivery office to pick up your package yourself.
- Keep size in mind. Remember to ship smart. If you’re shipping multiple products, consider shipping them in one box to keep from wasting packaging and filler materials.
Looking for an eco-friendly and reliable courier?
Air cargo shipping has short transportation times that reduce the risk of damage to your products. Air cargo shipping through a reliable courier also ensures that your product is delivered with higher quality.
If you’re looking for an eco-friendly and reliable cargo shipping to Latin America or elsewhere, JML Corporation is the place for you. To learn more about our air shipping rates and door to door delivery, contact JML Corporation today.