While many people are comfortable shipping within their own countries, shipping outside the borders is a more complex process. Luckily, if you do your research, shipping to Latin America is not as difficult as you may think. These five tips will make your Latin American shipping process much easier.
- Think about all the options – To get the best rates, do not just use your “go to” transportation service. Check out USPS, UPS, FedEx and smaller carriers to find who can offer you a great rate.
- Do not forget the customs form – No matter what service you use, a customs form will be required. Do not leave this off or leave any blanks. If you do, your shipment will be delayed and likely returned to you—potentially costing you money.
- Pack well – Remember that your shipment may go by plane, ship or cargo truck. Add a little extra packaging to make sure your item will arrive safely. It is worth the extra effort and cost to make sure your item arrives in good condition.
- Follow the rules – Make sure you are not shipping a prohibited item. It may surprise you some of the items that are not allowed to be sent into individual countries. Each country may have different requirements, so take the effort to do your research before shipping.
- Consider freight forwarding – Another option for shipping to Latin America or other countries is freight forwarding. With a freight forwarder, you may be able to save money and avoid the hassle of shipping internationally.
While shipping to Latin America might not be as easy as shipping to the next town over, it does not have to be overwhelming. Simply do your research and find the solution that works best for you.