If you ship goods to and from the Caribbean, you know the challenges presented in trying to find a central port location from which you can easily transfer your goods to a number of island nations easily and affordably, one that offers the warehouse and port services you need. The British Virgin Islands offers that central location and much, much more.
Why your business should consider BVI ports when shipping to and from the Caribbean region
More than 275,000 cargo tons arrive and depart BVI ports each year. It’s easy to see why. Below are just a few benefits of using BVI ports.
1. Great location. BVI’s central Caribbean location makes it an ideal place to have your container of goods shipped for distribution throughout the region.
2. Cost. Rates for warehousing and other port facilities are much less in BVI than in other parts of the Caribbean. This is due in part because BVI has no income tax, no capital gains tax and no corporate tax.
3. A stable government. BVI is a British Overseas Territory. That means the islands are under the jurisdiction and sovereignty of the United Kingdom.
4. A wide range of facilities. You’ll find virtually all of the port services and facilities you need in BVI.
5. The number of BVI-based shipping companies. If you need to ship less than a whole container, there are a number of freight consolidation companies, such as JML, that can help you get your goods to the Caribbean region without having to wait until you have enough goods to fill an entire container.
To learn more about how your company can help your customers save money by using a freight consolidation company, contact JML at (insert contact information.) We’ve been providing distribution and freight solutions for companies like yours since 2003.